Feb 04, 2015 09:31 AM EST
A Celebration of Harry Potter Event at Universal Orlando
During the weekend of January 30th, 2015, the 2nd annual Celebration of Harry Potter occurred at Universal Orlando, hosted by Universal Orlando and the Warner Bros. Entertainment. During this three-day celebration, Harry Potter fans worldwide came together to celebrate their love of the world created by author J.K. Rowling.
Some of the highlights of this three-day extravaganza included:
- Autograph sessions with some of the cast of the films, including Michael Gambon (Albus Dumbledore), James Phelps (Fred Weasly), Oliver Phelps (George Weasly), and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood). Due to a sudden illness, actor Robbie Coltrane (Rubeus Hagrid) was unable to attend.
- A Harry Potter Expo with some great photo opportunities as well a vast collection of props from the films. Also included in the Expo was the chance for guests to be able to be "read" by the sorting hat and be sorted into their various houses.
- A behind-the-scenes look with artist Kazu Kibuishi on the creation of the new Harry Potter Scholastic book covers. With a live demonstration on how his ideas come to fruition.
- A Wand dueling class with Evanna Lynch and the creator of wand dueling for the films, Paul Harris.
- And, to top it off, not one, but two nights of private nighttime events inside Universal's The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.
Fans of the series can visit Universal year round to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, and those wishing to attend the 2016 Celebration of Harry Potter can visit the Universal Orlando website for the latest information on this event.
For more photos from this years Celebration of Harry Potter Event visit FlickDirect's Facebook page.
About the Harry Potter Series
Harry Potter continues to be a global phenomenon. Each of the seven books by author J.K. Rowling has broken sales records, with the series to date having sold over 450 million copies worldwide and translated into 77 languages. The Harry Potter films, produced by Warner Bros. Pictures, have grossed more than $7.7 billion to date worldwide at the box office, making Harry Potter the largest-grossing film franchise in history.
comments powered by Disqus