Nobody's Fool Blu-ray Review
Nobody's Fool follows the story of Danica (Tika Sumpter; Southside with You), an ad executive who seems to have it all - a great, well-paying job, a nice Manhattan apartment, and a boyfriend (whom she's never met as he lives on an oil rig). However, reality comes crashing into her life around the time that her sister Tanya (Tiffany Haddish; Night School) gets out of jail.
After coming to live with Danica, Tanya decides that her sister is being "catfished" by her boyfriend, Charlie (Mehcad Brooks: Supergirl). Her search seems to prove the worst - that "Charlie" doesn't really exist. All of this is happening after Danica lands a perfume ad for a large company. After the news of Charlie, Danica is heartbroken and her life spins out of control. She loses the ad campaign, is fighting with Tanya, and rebounds with Tanya's boss, Frank (Omari Hardwick; Power). Her rebound relationship turns into real love but, down the line, Danica winds up breaking Frank's heart and has a falling out with Tanya.
Tyler Perry can certainly write an entertaining and funny script, but there's definitely a lot going on here in this storyline. This makes it hard to focus on the film and truly enjoy it. That being said, Haddish is funny as always and she really shines in this film as a younger version of Madea (According to Tyler Perry). Sumter was decent as Danica but her performance falls a bit flat, especially in contrast to Haddish. Adding some spice to the film is Whoopi Goldberg (Sister Act), who plays Danica and Tanya's marijuana growing mother.
The film is presented in 1080p AVC with it's original 2.39:1 ratio. Having been shot digitally the film itself appears glossy and has a strong color base. There is also not much grain to be found. Ghosting and artifacts are non-existent. The audio clarity of this film is amazing. The DTS-HD MA 5.1 Audio envelopes the room with the perfect sync on front-loaded dialog with special effects relegated to the rear.
The Blu-ray comes with the following special features:
- Introduction by Tyler Perry & Tiffany Haddish – Perry and Haddish give a special message to viewers.
- Deleted, Extended & Alternate Scenes – See over 20 minutes of footage that didn't make the cut.
- Gag Reel
- Tale of Two Sisters – A look into the relationship of Danica and Tanya.
- The Legend and the Star – Whoopi Goldberg discusses her role as the mother of Danica and Tanya.
- Mocha Latte Extra Laughs – A look at Omari Hardwick's character as he battles through a love triangle!
- I'm Just Trusting Tyler Perry – Get a look at Tyler Perry in action on set.
- She Ready or Not: Here Comes the Wedding Crasher – A look into the scene where Tanya crashes her sister's ex-boyfriend's wedding!
- Bring the Funny – Tanya unleashes the comedy after being released from jail.
- Breakfast with Tiffany – You heard it here first: A behind-the-scenes look at the film with Tiffany Haddish, Tika Sumpter, Omari Hardwick, and Amber Riley.
- "Something New From Tyler Perry" Perfume – A commercial spoof for Tyler Perry's Nobody's Fool.
- "Catfished" Perfume with Outtakes – Another fake commercial for Tyler Perry's Nobody's Fool with Tiffany Haddis
Overall, this film wasn't top on my list, however, it definitely provided a fun two hours for me, and watching Tiffany Haddish act on screen is always a huge treat. The cast is solid and it was also nice seeing Whoopi back in a comedic role. If you are a fan of Tyler Perry and his films this is a must-have. If you are a casual comedic viewer this is a great way to spend an evening with some friends or a loved one.Grade: B
Purchase your copy of Nobody's Fool today at
Download Nobody's Fool from the iTunes Store in Digial HD.
MPAA Rating: R
Running Time: 110 minutes
Distributed By: Paramount Pictures
Read More Reviews For Nobody's Fool
- Allison Hazlett-Rose (C) (Theatrical Review)
About Maureen Buccellato
comments powered by Disqus
Top iTunes Movie Downloads
Today's iTunes Digital HD Deals
The Green Mile WAS:
The Island WAS:
Superman II WAS:
Easter Parade WAS: