Aug 23, 2019 10:06 AM EST
Disney Publishing Worldwide and Disney+ Announce One Day at Disney
D23 is underway and Disney has wasted no time in announcing their news. Last night, Ricky Strauss, president, Content & Marketing for Disney+ and Good Morning America's Robin Roberts announced One Day at Disney, a spectacular collaboration between Disney Publishing Worldwide and Disney's new streaming service. The new, 224-page coffee table book and the documentary series will both arrive on December 3, highlighting the talented men and women who bring life to some of Disney's most beloved stories.
The book will arrive in stores on December 3 of this year and will coincide with the release of the series.
The book features 76 photos of Disney castmembers around the world and showcases those who drive creativity and innovation at The Walt Disney Company. From Shanghai Disneyland and ESPN to Pixar and the set of Modern Family, these spectacular photographs-and the stories behind them-will be featured in the hardbound, collectible book, written by Bruce Steele, which is now available for pre-order.
One Day at Disney, the Disney+ series, will be a 52-episode short-form series and will launch with a full-length documentary. This exciting new series takes an in-depth look at the unique and surprising roles these men and women call their daily jobs. The series and documentary are from Endeavor Content's Non-Scripted Division and executive produced by Michael Antinoro and David Chamberlin and produced by Victoria Chamlee. Each week will feature a different person and will range in length between 4-7 minutes.
Profiled in the Disney+ docu-special (in alphabetical order) are:
* Eric Baker: The Walt Disney Imagineer who has overseen the creation of many of the intricately detailed props and lifelike creatures that inhabit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, the newest lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
* Ashley Girdich: A talented Walt Disney Imagineer who, as a Research and Development Project Manager, drives plans and helps teams execute some of the innovative robotics technology projects being created for our Parks around the world
* Eric Goldberg: The legendary animator known for creating the Genie in Aladdin and Phil in Hercules, directing Pocahontas, as well as for animating Mickey Mouse in the Academy Award-nominated short Get a Horse!
* Mark Gonzales: A Los Angeles native who works on the world-famous Disneyland Railroad
* Grace Lee: A senior illustration manager at Disney Worldwide Publishing who has worked on titles from Zootopia to Fancy Nancy
* Zamavus "Zama" Magudulela: The talented South African actor currently playing Rafiki in the Madrid production of phenomenally successful musical The Lion King
* Ryan Meinerding: Marvel Studio's head of visual development who has worked on films including Avengers: Endgame and Guardians of the Galaxy
* Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko: The veterinarian who cares for creatures large and small at Walt Disney World Resort, including a number of endangered and threatened species.
* Jerome Ranft: The skilled Pixar artist who created detailed sculptures for animators to use as reference for such films as Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, and Ratatouille
* Robin Roberts: The former ESPN sportscaster has been co-anchor of the Emmy® Award-winning, top-rated morning show, Good Morning America, since 2005
comments powered by Disqus