Nov 17, 2017 04:00 PM EST

Sony Announces Film Deal with Quentin Tarantino

Sony Announces Film Deal with Quentin Tarantino
Sony Pictures has confirmed that they have won the rights to Quentin Tarantino's next film #9. The film was to be distributed through The Weinstein Company, just like the rest of Tarantino's films, but the director left the company after the allegations of sexual assault came out about Harvey Weinstein. 

In a memo to others in the studio, Tom Rathman said the following:

I am pleased to report that late last night, Sony did indeed succeed in securing the worldwide rights in all media to Quentin Tarantino's next epic film. I was looking forward to sharing the news with you all myself this morning, but unfortunately the story leaked.

Bottom line: Quentin chose Sony over many other competitors. And he did this because of all of YOU! He remembers well the outstanding job the company did on
Django, and was particularly impressed last week by the presentation of our marketing and distribution capabilities, both domestically and internationally. I'm grateful to all who worked to make this happen and confident that we will do a great job for him on this film and others to come.


It's a real credit to the studio and to each of you.

Congrats,

Tom Rothman

Chairman Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group



Tarantino is said to be courting some heavy hitters in Hollywood like Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and Leonardo DiCaprio. Pitt and DiCaprio have previously worked with the director in Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained, respectively.

The film will be based on the Manson Murders.
Filed Under: 
Share this:

comments powered by Disqus

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.