May 07, 2019 10:15 AM EST

Stranger Things Plagiarism Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiff

Stranger Things Plagiarism Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiff
The plagiarism lawsuit that had been filed again Stranger Things' Duffer Brothers has been dropped. The Plaintiff, Charles Kessler, has withdrawn the suit.

Kessler made a statement Sunday saying, "After hearing the deposition testimony this week of the legal expert I hired, it is now apparent to me that, whatever I may have believed in the past, my work had nothing to do with the creation of Stranger Things." He went on to add, "Documents from 2010 and 2013 prove that the Duffers independently created their show. As a result, I have withdrawn my claim and I will be making no further comment on this matter."

The trial was supposed to begin May 7 and last for 5 days in LA Superior Court.

"We are glad to be able to put this baseless lawsuit behind us. As we have said all along, Stranger Things is a ground-breaking original creation by The Duffer Brothers. We are proud of this show and of our friends Matt and Ross, whose artistic vision gave life to Stranger Things, and whose passion, imagination and relentless hard work alongside our talented cast and crew made it a wildly successful, award-winning series beloved by viewers around the world", said Netflix in a statement. 

Season 3 of Stranger Things begins on July 4.
Share this:

comments powered by Disqus

Today's iTunes Digital HD Deals

Latest Reviews

SPONSORED LINKS