Apr 28, 2019 12:23 PM EST
Avengers: Endgame Breaks Records with $1.2 Billion Debut
Marvel Studios' "Avengers: Endgame" made history this weekend. the film has earned a record-shattering $1.2 billion dollars during its opening weekend. It took just 5 days for the film to reach the $1 billion mark.
The film broke the record for its predecessor, "Avengers: Infinity War", which took a then record-breaking 11 days to reach the $1 billion mark.
"Kevin Feige and the Marvel Studios team have continued to challenge notions of what is possible at the movie theatre both in terms of storytelling and at the box office," said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. "Though ‘Endgame' is far from an end for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, these first 22 films constitute a sprawling achievement, and this weekend's monumental success is a testament to the world they've envisioned, the talent involved, and their collective passion, matched by the irrepressible enthusiasm of fans around the world."
"From the very beginning with ‘Iron Man,' all we've wanted to do was tell stories that brought these characters to life onscreen the way we've experienced them as fans of the comics," said Kevin Feige, President, Marvel Studios. "That we've had so many other successes in this journey leading to this unbelievable result with ‘Avengers: Endgame' has been almost entirely due to the fans around the world who have supported us through it all. Our directors, Anthony, and Joe Russo, and our writers, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, really brought this story home, and I am also incredibly thankful for our cast and filmmakers from across the MCU and all who've worked so hard to make these films the best they can be, including the amazing teams at Marvel Studios and Disney. And of course, without Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, none of this would have been possible."
"We poured our heart and soul into ‘Avengers: Endgame,' hoping to tell a story that would inspire audiences around the world. Our family of cast and crew felt honored to be entrusted with bringing the Infinity Saga to a close. To Kevin Feige, everyone at Disney and Marvel, and the incredible, global community of fans - thank you", said directors Anthony and Joe Russo.
The now makes Marvel the owner of the top two global openings of all time ("Avengers: Endgame" and "Avengers: Infinity War").
Below is a list of some other facts about the "Avengers: Endgame":
· #1 domestic ($350M), international ($859M), and global ($1,209.0M) debuts
· #1 domestic Thursday previews ($60M)
· #1 domestic single-day gross and #1 domestic Friday gross ($156.7M)
· #1 domestic Saturday ($109M) and Sunday ($84.3M) grosses; Saturday is first $100M+ day without previews
· #1 China opening day ($107.8M) and opening weekend ($330.5M) and already ranking as the #4 non-local film ever released there
· Fastest film to $1B globally (5 days)
· 8th Marvel Studios film to cross $1B; 2nd to cross $1B this year (with "Captain Marvel")
· Biggest industry opening weekend across all regions and in 44 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, France (admissions, non-local), Italy (non-local), Spain, UK/Ireland
· Biggest industry single-day grosses in 29 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, UK/Ireland
· Biggest IMAX global debut ($91.5M)
· 96% Certified Fresh RottenTomatoes score
· A+ CinemaScore (U.S.)
comments powered by Disqus