It appeared that all is well that ends well for Ash and company. However, while partying it up in Jacksonville, a Deadite crashes the party, and Ash is forced to do what he does best (i.e. make some corny jokes and kill the Deadites in the grossest, goriest way possible). Realizing the war is not over for them Ash (Campbell), Pablo (Ray Santiago), and Kelly (Dana DeLorenzo) are back on the hunt for Ruby and her Deadite children only to find out along the way that Ruby has had a change of heart and her children are not all she was hoping for. Their fight leads them to Ash's hometown where things will never be the same again. Bruce Campbell (Burn Notice), Ray Santiago (Touch), and Dana DeLorenzo ( Impress Me)that who were all still alive at the end of season one have returned yet again for a second round of crazy bloody carnage. Each of these characters has not changed much since season one, Cambell is as goofy and crazy as ever, while DeLorenzo truly shines as Kelly Maxwell providing Delorenzo with a great breakout role for her career. Sadly the same can't be said about Santiago who, just like last season, it seems is just going through the motions and not adding much to the show. Another returning character from season one, Lucy Lawless (Xena: Warrior Princess), has undergone an interesting change from the first season, She is now "one of gang" and on a mission the eradicate "her children" from the face of the earth.
Ash vs Evil Dead: Season 2 is presented in 1080p AVC. The transfer is void of any digital artificating and is free of any noise as well. Blacks are true and colors are vivid allowing for a natural look to all the blood special effects.
The Blu-ray set features a Dolby TrueHD 7.1 lossless soundtrack. The dialog is crisp and clear and is mainly relegated the center channel. This leaves the rest of the of the channels to provide a fully immersive surround sound experience, making one feel like the Deadites battles are actually taking place in your living space.
Aside from a set of audio commentaries the special features for Ash vs Evil Dead: Season 2 can be found on the second disc in the set. These special features include:
- Season 2 First Look
- Inside the World of Ash vs. Evil Dead - a quick episode recap for each show of the season
- Up Your Ash - an in-depth look at the "gross-out" Morgue episode of the season
- Women Who Kick Ash - Featurette showcasing the women in the series.
- Puppets Are Cute - A look into the puppet character featured in Season 2
- Dawn of the Spawn - Further details about this seasons main villain.
- Bringing Henrietta Back - A talk about bringing back Henrietta from the Evil Dead series.
- The Delta - Ash's pride and joy, his Oldsmobile, get's its own feature.
- How to Kill a Deadite - Find out what it takes to kill a Deadite.
- Fatality Mash-Up - A collection of some of the famous kills of the season.
Ash vs. Evil Dead season two is very much in the same vein as the first season, and while it really doesn't explore much new territory fans of season one will fully enjoy the second season, with all its campy humor, blood and guts, and Deadites.