When Molly (Tessa Thompson; Avengers: End Game) was a little girl, she watched as an alien visited her home and as her parents' memories were erased. This stuck with her, and throughout her life, she searched for the elusive Men in Black agency. She eventually finds them and begs to join their ranks. After testing, she proves that she is up to the task, and Agent O (Emma Thompson; Love Actually) gives "M" a trial run as a probationary agent sending her to London to investigate a case. Once there, she meets High T (Liam Neeson; Taken) who oversees the European operation and Agent H (Chris Hemsworth; Thor), who is one of London's best agents and knows it.
Agents M and H find themselves in a bit of a dilemma when Vengus, an alien prince they are protecting, gets murdered while in their care. Now, Agent M must protect an object given to her by Vengus - a weapon that other aliens are trying desperately to get their hands on.
Thompson and Hemsworth team up together for a third time with this film, the first two being in Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: End Game. The witty banter was there but it was lacking a bit. One expects to again find the magic that Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith had together but we just don't see it in this film. Everyone does the best they can with their respective roles, however, this title seems more like a "world-building" throwaway movie rather than a continuation of a beloved franchise. While MIB International had its moments like seeing the MIB branches in other citifies as well as seeing Hemsworth play drunk Thor again for this film there was really nothing that is very memorable.
Men in Black: International is presented in its original aspect ratio of 2.00:1 using the HEVC / H.265 codec. The video presentation is out-of-this-world (pun intended). All clothing and textures are crisp and clear and UHD truly enhances all the different aliens we see in the Men In Black World. While the video is truly something special, the Dolby Atmos track contained on the disc is dare say "reference quality". Environmental sounds can be heard all around, and well as action scenes, and the dialog. Other than where intended, at no time does the score overpowered any other sound.
Special features for this title include:
- Gag Reel
- Alien Shopping Network!: (Two Parts) Alien-cestry.com and The Neuralyzer: Like It Never Happened
- Deleted Scenes
- New Recruits, Classic Suits: A look at the new cast of the franchise.
- Let's Do This! Inside the Action & Stunts: A behind-the-scenes look at the stunts in the film.
- Look Right Here: Gadgets, Weapons & Rides: A look of the technology from the film.
- Expanding the Universe of MIB: A look at the filming locations of London and Marrakesh.
- Frank & Pawny's Peanut Gallery: Frank & Pawny view clips and comment on the film.
- Les Twins Leave it on the Floor: A behind-the-scenes look at the club scene.
- In Case You've Been Neutralized: MIB Recap: A condensed recap of the franchise.
- The MIB Meet the NBA: Agents H and M discuss the possibility of aliens in the NBA.