In "Annabelle Comes Home", we once again see everyone's paranormal investigation couple Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson; Aquaman and Vera Farmiga; Bates Motel). Annabelle is a doll that the couple takes possession of from a couple of nurses who claim that the doll came to life and committed violent acts while in their apartment. After an eventful ride home, they lock the doll away in a special case inside their artifacts room. This room is located in their home and is blessed by a priest so that nothing can escape it.
Time goes by and the Warrens need to go out of town on business. They hire a babysitter, Mary Ellen (Madison Iseman; Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle), to watch their daughter, Judy (Mckenna Grace; Gifted) and they head off on their trip. Mary, Ellen's friend, decides to visit her at the Warren house, and she sneaks into the artifact room and sets off a series of violent events after Annabelle escapes from her case.
The 1080p high definition video quality is pretty strong for the most part with crisp details and rich colors. However, there is a bit of noise that comes through but it is only mildly distracting. The Dolby Atmos audio fares better with clear dialogue and full, and an eerie soundtrack to increase the suspense and drama.
Special features included in this title are:
- Behind the Scenes: This features consists of the following 3-parts:
- Part 1: The Ferryman/Demon: A look at the prosthetics used on the characters portrayed by Alexander Ward, as well as his performance for both.
- Part 2: The Bloody Bride: A look at the character portrayed by Natalia Safran's.
- Part 3: The Werewolf: A look at the making of the werewolf scene.
- The Artifact Room and the Occult: Fans get a better look at this set piece and some of the items within.
- The Light and the Love: This feature takes a look at the string relationship of the Warrens despite the evil that their life is filled with.
- Deleted Scenes: Including Roller Skate, Kitchen, Birthday Cake, Daniela, and the Bride, Search for Annabelle, Alternative Ending, and Talk About the Werewolf.