An explorer named Sir Lionel Frost (Jackman) is desperately trying to get into an exclusive explorers club and spends his time searching for elusive creatures. His interest is piqued after he receives a letter talking about the existence of Sasquatch. He decides to challenge Lord Piggot-Dinceb (Stephen Fry; V for Vendetta) to a bet that if he finds the Sasquatch he will gain admittance into the society. He then begins his adventure in the American North West to find this mystical creature.
Sure enough, he does find the Sasquatch. In fact, the creature is the one that wrote the letter! He wrote to Frost in order to seek help finding his cousins, the Yetis. Now, they embark on a journey together, along with Adelina Fortnight (Zoe Saldana; Guardians of the Galaxy), who has the map of Shangri-La, the home of the Yetis. Along the way, they find out that this journey will be more difficult then they could have imagined, with people trying to stop them at every turn.
Laika studio puts out quality films and this latest feature is no exception. Everything about Missing Link is top-notch. The cast all compliment each other superbly and the visuals of this film are equally impressive.
The resolution of this movie is the standard 1080p with an aspect ratio of 2.39:1 but you would never know it from the detailed animation coming across your television screen. The picture quality is excellent and, of course, the colors are deep and wonderful throughout. the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 offers a nice mix of dialogue and soundtrack without an artifacting at all.
Extras for this Blu-ray include:
- Feature Commentary by Chris Butler - This extra includes trivia and Easter eggs and a look into the creation of the film.
- Creating Mr. Link - A look into the creation of the Mr. Link puppet, a technologically advanced puppet.
- Bringing the Final Battle on the Ice Bridge to Life - A look into the creation of this battle scene.
- Animation Inspiration with Optional Commentary by Chris Butler - This feature includes a comparison of the final product with the storyboards of the film.
- VFX Breakdown Reel – Realizing the Potential of Stop Motion - A look at the VFX artists and the work they put into the film.
- Oh What a Mystery: Pulling the Camera Back on Missing Link's Magic - A behind the scenes look at the stop motion process throughout the film.
- Making Faces - A look at the faces of Missing Link.
- Inside the Magic of LAIKA - This feature takes a look at Laika Studio and stop-motion photography featuring cast and crew from the film.
- Gallery with 24 Images