Wonder Woman Commemorative Edition Blu-ray Review
The Blu-ray is presented in 16:9 anaphoric widescreen that is a very nice bump over the originally released DVD version and the soundtrack really packs a punch on the action scenes.
This original story of Wonder Woman begins on the mystical island of Themyscira, where a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons reside. They have raised Princess Diana, a daughter of stunning beauty, extraordinary strength, and incredible fighting prowess. Diana possesses a host of super-human powers granted to her by the gods and goddesses of Olympus, and her strength and stamina are unparalleled. When Air Force fighter pilot, Steve Trevor, crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the God of War,) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazons and has decided to exact his revenge by starting a world war that will destroy them all. It is up to Princess Diana to save her people and the world by using her gifts to become the ultimate Wonder Woman.
Wonder Woman features an amazing cast of voice talents, including Keri Russell (Felicity) as Wonder Woman, Nathan Fillion (Firefly), as Trevor , Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2), Virginia Madsen (Sideways), Rosario Dawson (Sin City), Oliver Platt (The West Wing) and David McCallum (NCIS). These fantastic actors give their best to a top-notch script.
At first glance, one would think this direct-to-DVD film is just another in a long line of DC comics coming to the home market. However, such a thought would be incorrect. Wonder Woman is simply an amazing piece of art.
The story itself is very smartly written. It does not assume you know Wonder Woman's mythology, nor does it cater to a child's audience. It is a perfect mixture of a character-driven story with enough action thrown in to keep you glued to the screen. The characters' voices are amazing and the talents of such actors and actresses as Nathan Fillon and Kerri Russell simply make Wonder Woman shine.
The Blu-ray is presented in 16:9 anaphoric widescreen that is a very nice bump over the originally released DVD version. The soundtrack really packs a punch on the action scenes and enhances the overall feel of the movie. One can only imagine how the new live-action Wonder Woman film will hold up to the audio on this one.
If you are left longing for more Wonder Woman after the film ends, fear not. Wonder Woman is full of extras, including the creation of the character, behind the scenes, and much more. Included are some new special features created specifically for this commemorative edition release including:
- What Makes A Wonder Woman: For 75 years, Wonder Woman has resonated with audiences because of her loving nature and quest for truth. Hear some of her biggest fans and fellow creators discuss how her qualities have crafted her into the icon we know today.
- Batman and Harley Quinn: Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Batman and Harley Quinn, featuring the talented creators and voice cast.
- Creative Team Commentary: Scene and film analysis by producers Bruce Timm & Gregory Noveck, director Lauren Montgomery and screenwriter Michael Jelenic.
- Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream – A definitive look at a psychologist' s dream, and the rich history of one of the pillars of DC Comics.
- Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth – This revealing documentary explores the archetype and tradition of the female DC Comics Super Hero.
Whether you are a fan of Wonder Woman, still awaiting the action film promised for many years, or just an occasional fan of superheroes or animation, this Wonder Woman animated film is definitely a must purchase.
Purchase your copy of Wonder Woman Commemorative Edition today at
Download Wonder Woman Commemorative Edition from the iTunes Store in Digial HD.
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Running Time: 74 minutes
Distributed By: Warner Bros.
About Nathan M Rose
Today's Digital HD DealsView All